Consultancy: Content Editor
- Application Deadline: 18 February 2018
- Type of Contract: Individual Contract
- Languages Required: English
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting Date: immediate
At the United Nations Information Centre, we disseminate information and raise awareness of the activities of the United Nations in Pakistan. We are responsible for promoting the activities of Secretary-General and of the main bodies of the United Nations. We also lead the United Nations Communications Group, a network of communications experts working together to ensure a comprehensive and unified image of the United Nations in Pakistan. We provide support to the different agencies, funds and programmes of the United Nations for their outreach and media events.
This consultancy is related to the development of the UN Pakistan bi-monthly magazine and other publications. We’re looking for an editor willing to provide support on a flexible basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit articles and other content of publications;
- Liaise with the content producer;
- Proof read the final draft.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, creative writing, political science or other related disciplines
- Language: fluency in English is required
- Extensive experience with developing corporate magazines and newsletters.
- Proven experience as writer and editor of content related to development issues.
- Experience within the United Nations is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and in coalition with team members.
How to apply
Send the following to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae (only P11 forms will be accepted) Download P11 Form
- Samples of magazines and newsletters edited in the past
- Detailed financial proposal in US $ – Please provide a monthly lump-sum.